Noisy drain Aqua One Mini Reef 120

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

Post Reply
kiwis
Hi, I am new around here!
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:54 am
Posts Per Page: Auckland

Noisy drain Aqua One Mini Reef 120

Post by kiwis »

So I've recently got a Aqua One Mini Reef system (120L), link at the bottom. The system seems to work very well however the overflow drain is ridiculously noisy. Like I can hear falling water right now in another room.

The water flows through into the weir and down into the drain as per this picture (1 is down, 4 is return). It's falling into the sump and I believe this is where the noise is coming from. The sump is filled to the specified level.

Can I please have some advise on how to quieten this system.
Xiled01
Starting to get the hang of this place
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:14 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: Noisy drain Aqua One Mini Reef 120

Post by Xiled01 »

I reduced most of the noise by extendingthe return pipe under the water level.

Send me a PM and I can email you a pic of what i did.
melfish
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:23 am
Posts Per Page: Australia

Re: Noisy drain Aqua One Mini Reef 120

Post by melfish »

As mentioned above, extending the overflow pipe below the waterline is said to help a lot with the noise
kiwi
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 302
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:44 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: Noisy drain Aqua One Mini Reef 120

Post by kiwi »

How did you go with the drain noise? Give this a try if you’re still having issues.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XNT5QSEMzB0
Post Reply

Return to “Reef Tanks (101 - 799 Litres)”