NEWBIE... IDs PLEASE

Dedicated forum for discussions on all things to do with corals and invertebrates (identification, husbandry, ecology, biology, diseases, taxonomy etc). If it doesn't have a backbone, discuss it here.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Cnidarians (True Corals)

Post Reply
KayJay
Hi, I am new around here!
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 2:00 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

NEWBIE... IDs PLEASE

Post by KayJay »

Hi All,

New to the hobby and don't have an LFS nearby. I have a 600L tank, going on 12 months old. I just starting to see all these things growing on my Life Rock. Some I've id'd myself but the following two I'm not sure of. Any help would be appreciated.

I think this might be aiptaisia???

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmtoUgdK-Nx2oBvrpEMuuRWGbDvu



and I'm hoping this is an anemone??

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmtoUgdK-Nx2oByYghkXfMUvvc0p

Cheers
KayJay
Jutscher
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:14 am
Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth

Re: NEWBIE... IDs PLEASE

Post by Jutscher »

Yep, the first is aiptasia.... kill it quick, and check for others as there are probably more.

I have no idea on the second.
Post Reply

Return to “Algaes, Corals and Invertebrates: ID's, Diseases, Pests, Parasites & Treatments Forum”