I am putting two twin tube t5 fixtures either side of my LEDs to reduce shadowing and get into some SPS coral.
I currently have a Dalula LED light with just the white and blue LEDs and am installing the t5s either side of them, my question is what bulbs would be best to run for growth.
Cheers
Cam
Complimenting LEDs with T5s
Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Equipment and DIY Discussion
-
Fancy1
- Curious Reefer
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:53 pm
- Posts Per Page: Singleton
-
ssscuz
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 3037
- Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:20 am
- Posts Per Page: Melbourne
Re: Complimenting LEDs with T5s
I would be going with
2blue plus
1 Coral plus
1 purple plus
2blue plus
1 Coral plus
1 purple plus
It's not a reef without some coral eaters, reefing on the edge.
Nathan's Starfire Stick 6fter
Nathans Mixed Reef 4ft (closed down aug 2013)
Join the Marine Society of Victoria today!!
Nathan's Starfire Stick 6fter
Nathans Mixed Reef 4ft (closed down aug 2013)
Join the Marine Society of Victoria today!!
-
colg
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 640
- Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:12 am
- Posts Per Page: Mackay
Re: Complimenting LEDs with T5s
I agree with ssscuz.
IMO, place as follows
Blue on outside then coral +
Led
Purple then blue.
IMO, place as follows
Blue on outside then coral +
Led
Purple then blue.
-
Fancy1
- Curious Reefer
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:53 pm
- Posts Per Page: Singleton
Re: Complimenting LEDs with T5s
Awsome thanks guys
Any ideas where the best place to get them online. A 4ft globe I belive are 54w
Any ideas where the best place to get them online. A 4ft globe I belive are 54w
-
Raven
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 785
- Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:32 pm
- Posts Per Page: Mirrabooka, Perth, WA
Re: Complimenting LEDs with T5s
Check the business directory up top.
to quickly name a few
age of aquariums
reef secrets
100% reef safe
to quickly name a few
age of aquariums
reef secrets
100% reef safe
-
MitchD
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 388
- Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:03 am
- Posts Per Page: WA
Re: Complimenting LEDs with T5s
Agree with both ssscuz & Colg.
I use the same bulb combo they suggest, with the same layout.
Get mine sent over from Reef Secrets.
I use the same bulb combo they suggest, with the same layout.
Get mine sent over from Reef Secrets.