Hello from Brisbane!

New to the RTAW Forums? Please take a minute to check in here, say hi & introduce yourself to your fellow Reefers. Feel free to provide as much or as little info about yourself as you'd like!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Cas2o
Hi, I am new around here!
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:46 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Hello from Brisbane!

Post by Cas2o »

G'day!
My name is Cas, I currently keep freshwater fish, but I hope to start my first marine tank!
I was really thrilled to stumble on to this site, that is so full of local expertise and knowledge, which seemed non-existent on the rest of the web. I've been doing lots of reading both on the internet and in books (currently working my way through "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" by Robert M. Fenner). I've also enjoyed watching lots of Youtube videos.
I hope to eventually keep a relatively large reef tank (4 foot or so) with some corals, and provided it doesn't nip at them, I would like to keep a Flame Angel (my favourite fish!).
I'm looking forward to learning lots and meeting all you reefers :).
~Cas.
555combo
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:43 am
Posts Per Page: Manly, QLD.

Re: Hello from Brisbane!

Post by 555combo »

Hi Cas,

Glad you found the site too! Sounds like you are making good progress. Feel free to ask lots of questions and hopefully we can help!
Cheers,
Aaron.

*******************************************
4x2x1.5 Mixed Reef
AquaNano 40 Tank Journal - Now Shutdown
Cas2o
Hi, I am new around here!
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:46 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: Hello from Brisbane!

Post by Cas2o »

555combo wrote:Hi Cas,

Glad you found the site too! Sounds like you are making good progress. Feel free to ask lots of questions and hopefully we can help!


Hi Aaron,
Thanks for the welcome! I already feel like I'm gaining experience :).
Ageofaquariums
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1431
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:34 pm
Posts Per Page: Browns Plains QLD
Contact:

Re: Hello from Brisbane!

Post by Ageofaquariums »

Thats a great book to start with. As to flame angels, getting one that doesnt nip is mostly luck. Pretty much 50/50 in my experience.
The Age of Aquariums:
Phone: (07) 3800 5592
mailto:?subject=&body=
http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/
[directory]3[/directory]
Slartibartfast
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:13 am
Posts Per Page: Carindale, Brisbane

Re: Hello from Brisbane!

Post by Slartibartfast »

Welcome :welcome:
Post Reply

Return to “Member Introductions”