Another noob from Melbourne

New to the RTAW Forums? Please take a minute to check in here, say hi & introduce yourself to your fellow Reefers. Feel free to provide as much or as little info about yourself as you'd like!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
improvize
Starting to get the hang of this place
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 3:27 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Another noob from Melbourne

Post by improvize »

Hi everyone!

Well after about a year of reading and watching youtube videos, I have decided to finally take the plunge into reefing. It will be my first experience with any sort of fish keeping however I have never been attracted to any freshwater setups but LOVE the look of beautiful reefs.

I will be starting with the Aqua One 160 as I think it makes for a decent and very affordable package for those starting out.

Thankfully, my LFS (yes I'm already down with some of the lingo) is Deer Park Aquariums and they've received nothing but praise from what I can tell. They sell ready to use Salt and RO/DI water plus can assist with any parametre issues I may face.

And thus, the journey begins!

Cheers,
Imp
improvize
Starting to get the hang of this place
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 3:27 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Re: Another noob from Melbourne

Post by improvize »

Well now I can't decide. Went in to buy my setup and they were setting up a new Aqua Reef 400 for a client. NICE! I can't decide.
Alf D
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 4321
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:59 pm
Posts Per Page: Fountaindale...Central Coast

Re: Another noob from Melbourne

Post by Alf D »

Some nice all in one tanks to choose from these days.
improvize
Starting to get the hang of this place
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 3:27 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Re: Another noob from Melbourne

Post by improvize »

There really are a lot of options. And as someone starting out I think Aqua One is a great option. I have found a 15 month old AR395 second hand in fantastic condition that I'll be picking up ASAP. That'll save be a lot of initial outlay dollars that I can keep for additions down the track like phosphate/carbon reactor and UV steriliser. But first, the initial setup and cycle. My number 1 priority is crystal clear water. :)

This first tank with be in my study. A long term goal is the biggest Red Sea Reefer in the formal lounge room where we deliberately have no TV. :)
Post Reply

Return to “Member Introductions”