g'day from wollongong

New to the RTAW Forums? Please take a minute to check in here, say hi & introduce yourself to your fellow Reefers. Feel free to provide as much or as little info about yourself as you'd like!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
oppositestorm
Hi, I am new around here!
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 2:17 am
Posts Per Page: Illawarra

g'day from wollongong

Post by oppositestorm »

Hey everyone,

I am about 8-9 months into this hobby and things are going relativity smoothly. I have just run into my first patch of cyno but so far its under control. Never had a fish tank before so after truck tonnes of research I have jumped straight into the big boy leagues. So far only lost a coral gobby (not sure what happened he just disappeared). I have some purple coraline algae growing in random places which is exciting, and last week I just started up a copepod culture and its nearly time for the first harvest which is exciting. The first step towards a manderin :)

Tank info:
-3ft 150L tank with 80L hand built sump - both brought of gumtree as I am only a poor uni student ha
-hand built stand (surprised it hasn't fallen over)
- Tunze combline skimmer (great so far)
- macro aqua controllable pumps (aren't the best but they do there job and are cheap)
-running el cheapo LEDs from ebay but so far so good. I have good coral growth and colour.

Inhabitants: Coral beauty, clown, benggi cardinal, banana wrasse, fire gobby, 3x trochus snails, 1x turbo and an unkown small crab
Corals: 2 hammers (ones a yellow/green hammer very cool), frogspwn torch, normal torch, red and blue mushrooms, several different types of zoas, elegance coral (again very cool) and a devils hand.

Looking forward to being involved, Adios :)
Aydee
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1996
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:12 am
Posts Per Page: Canberra

Re: g'day from wollongong

Post by Aydee »

G'day OppositeStorm.

Welcome aboard. Look forwards to seeing some pictures. :D

Dave
Post Reply

Return to “Member Introductions”