Sea Weed and Phosphate

A place to discuss water chemistry and in depth and cutting edge discussions of advanced methodologies and concepts of reef keeping.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Advanced Discussion

DrBlueThumb
Curious Reefer
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:37 am
Posts Per Page: windsor ontario canada

Re: Sea Weed and Phosphate

Post by DrBlueThumb »

Black X wrote:I have been struggling to get my Phosphate levels below 0.2. I have a couple of tangs and a couple of angels and feed them one or two sheets of sea weed every morning. The other day I forgot to give them any and my Phosphate dropped to 0.1 within 24 hours. I feed them a sheet the next day and it was back up to 0.2.

Can sea weed really effect your Phosphate levels that much?


I think it take longer then a day for organics to turn into inorganics :cheers:
Corals, Corals, Corals, they're as fascinating, as candle lights.

Phyto4life

Dilution is the solution to pollution.

Copepod4life
Post Reply

Return to “Chemistry & Advanced Concepts Discussion”