Quick review of the Innovative Marine Minimax reactor
Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Trading Forums
-
tlc
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 108
- Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:58 am
- Posts Per Page: ACT
Re: Quick review of the Innovative Marine Minimax reactor
I have a 4ft Cade. I have the maxi one for carbon and the mid size for GFO.
-
bad_inferno
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 244
- Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:35 am
- Posts Per Page: Victoria Australia
- Contact:
Re: Quick review of the Innovative Marine Minimax reactor
I have had one for ~2 years...I really like the ability to run small amounts of rowphos and easily control the flow rate, although my pump failed (which can happen to any product ) I would recommend the design. It was only when I put my hand in my RO container (outside the house) I realised the pump had failed as I got quite a large electrical shock. Inside the house with my hand in the DT I was insulated
-
Brett240
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 858
- Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:09 am
- Posts Per Page: Sydney
Re: Quick review of the Innovative Marine Minimax reactor
just an update on these.
ive been running bio-pellets for about 6 months in one.
the reactor running GAC ( granular activated carbon ) its not very successful with bio-pellets. the reactor outflow cant handle the effluent/ sludge all that well, it increases the pressure to a point where the lid pops off.
ive cleaned it multiple times and tried to different types of bio-pellet polymer with the same results.
so... stick to GAC or GFO. im replacing one of these with a Bashsea bio-pellet reactor, will do a write up of it when I install it.
ive been running bio-pellets for about 6 months in one.
the reactor running GAC ( granular activated carbon ) its not very successful with bio-pellets. the reactor outflow cant handle the effluent/ sludge all that well, it increases the pressure to a point where the lid pops off.
ive cleaned it multiple times and tried to different types of bio-pellet polymer with the same results.
so... stick to GAC or GFO. im replacing one of these with a Bashsea bio-pellet reactor, will do a write up of it when I install it.
-
Brett240
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 858
- Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:09 am
- Posts Per Page: Sydney
Re: Quick review of the Innovative Marine Minimax reactor
pic of sludegd up reactor. you'll get maybe 3 months before the buildup is too much for the reactors small openings and the top pops off. stick to activated carbon or GFO

