Dosing trace elements

A place to discuss water chemistry and in depth and cutting edge discussions of advanced methodologies and concepts of reef keeping.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Advanced Discussion

slavetonet
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:24 pm
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: Dosing trace elements

Post by slavetonet »

Another update - Up my dosage of Alk and Cal another 12ml more per day.
It is now 144ml since last update. :crossfingers:
The rate of use on the calcium and alkalinity increase is very welcome.
Everything else in my tank have stay the same - lighting and feeding.
I am suppose to change water 15% every month - but I think I will leave it this time and let's see what's going to happen.
Also increase the Trace elements dose from 50ml to 65ml - 30% increase in strength wise. Hopefully it gives me the zeo colours I have lust over without going zeovit and ULNS.

Did I improved my formula??? Yes I sure did. :devil:
slavetonet
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:24 pm
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: Dosing trace elements

Post by slavetonet »

Another not very exciting update:
Corals continue to grow and stay colourful - most corals are like zeovit tank colours now - despite having higher nutrients of no3 - 5ppm and po4 - 0.10 ppm.

Alk and cal dosing is upto 156 ml daily. Upwards and beyond.

I have started to dose 100ml of the trace elements into my 5 litres of Alk and Cal now.
If it doesn't go bad, I am fairly safe to say it doesn't matter to have higher trace elements in the tank. The stuff that is good for the corals. :crossfingers:
wrenfeathers
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:38 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney - Hurstville area

Re: Dosing trace elements

Post by wrenfeathers »

Have a look at this article I came across.

Might be of some relevance. Focuses on bringing out the colours in SPS corals, which was your original goal I believe?

Hope it helps.


https://reefbuilders.com/2008/09/03/gui ... -440341993
Pete
:cheers:
Vinno
Curious Reefer
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:56 pm
Posts Per Page: Adelaide, Australia

Re: Dosing trace elements

Post by Vinno »

So what product do you guys recommend for the non DIY since it sounds like a lot of work.
slavetonet
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:24 pm
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: Dosing trace elements

Post by slavetonet »

Plenty out there.
Fauna Marin
Triton Lab
Red Sea
Aqua Forest

Some are not available in Australia.
slavetonet
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:24 pm
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: Dosing trace elements

Post by slavetonet »

Update - 6 reefing people are using my trace elements pack and are getting good results.
I like to tone it down abit. :roflmao:

I will be releasing some more come February 2017. :bunny:
slavetonet
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:24 pm
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: Dosing trace elements

Post by slavetonet »

Not much happening - corals are doing as usual.
Alk and Cal consumption have continue up with the new ATI sun power.
200ml of each dosing. When will it stop? Who knows.
I have push harder again on the trace elements - it is dosing 130ml into 5 litres. Up 30% more from previous 100ml.
Post Reply

Return to “Chemistry & Advanced Concepts Discussion”