Bamff 4x2x2 FOWLR for now!!

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

Post Reply
bamff
Hi, I am new around here!
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:00 pm
Posts Per Page: wollongong

Bamff 4x2x2 FOWLR for now!!

Post by bamff »

Bamff 4x2x2 FOWLR for now!!

Hi all,
due to the my overly generous good friend Buckleys, I've been able to return to the hobby after about 15 years. I'm a bit late on my tank journal, as its been running now for about 5months, but I have taken photos along the way and definitely learnt a couple of things or two. Now its time to share my experiences and hopefully learn more along the way!

I can pretty much cut and paste from Buckleys tank journal as he gave me nearly everything he had!! :cheers:
So here it goes;

System type: FOWLR for now, patience and time until I'm confident to introduce coral without destroying them.

Strike up date: Late Feb 2016

Display tank: 1200 x 600 x 600 (430L)

Display Lighting: 2 X 250w MH electronic ballasts, 15000k AMD globes, and 2 x 4ft 54W T5 Reef-Spec Actinic 22000k (Redsea)

Sump: 900 x 390x 450

Refugium: 400 x 390 x 300

Support System:

System water: Natural sea water

Display Circulation: Aqua Medic Eco Drift 15.0

Return Pump: Ehiem 1260

Skimmer: Reef Octopus 800L Classic

Evapouration Top Up: Manual (for the moment)

:pirate:
wayne2.0
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 654
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:27 pm
Posts Per Page: Redland Bay

Re: Bamff 4x2x2 FOWLR for now!!

Post by wayne2.0 »

Welcome and good luck.
bamff
Hi, I am new around here!
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:00 pm
Posts Per Page: wollongong

Re: Bamff 4x2x2 FOWLR for now!!

Post by bamff »

Cheers Wayne! :cheers:

[album]7721[/album]

my first addition of live rock! there wasn't much to choose from, I need to time it better when my LFS gets his delivery!

[album]7722[/album]

I added my 2nd instalment of live rock and some fish additions too.

2 x Gold Head Gobies (approx. 8 cms, smallest ones I've seen in a while)
Yellow Tang
wayne2.0
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 654
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:27 pm
Posts Per Page: Redland Bay

Re: Bamff 4x2x2 FOWLR for now!!

Post by wayne2.0 »

Most LFS can order you a 18-20kg box from the collectors in cairns. Can't pick and choice pieces but do get a lot better rock with more life If that's what you are after.
Post Reply

Return to “Tank Journals”