Okay
So I have taken all of the local rock out which i think was PO4 infested!. I am left with 4 pieces that I purchased form local LFS.
I have removed 90% of the GHA with water changes and will continue to do so.
Salinity 1.026, Ph:8.2, alk = 7dKh, Ca = 440ppm, pO4 = 0 {this is BS}, Mg=1320ppm, Temp 24.5.
Boomer's 650 x 650 x 550 Cubic Adventure
Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals
-
BoomerJ
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 723
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:57 pm
- Posts Per Page: Capalaba, Queensland, Australia
-
BoomerJ
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 723
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:57 pm
- Posts Per Page: Capalaba, Queensland, Australia
Re: Boomer's 650 x 650 x 550 Cubic Adventure
New Tank Photo After Clean


-
BoomerJ
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 723
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:57 pm
- Posts Per Page: Capalaba, Queensland, Australia
Re: Boomer's 650 x 650 x 550 Cubic Adventure
Todays MEasurements
Temp 25.5
SG 1.0257
Ph 8.2
Ca 470
Alk 8DKh
PO4 0(this is BS)
Mg 1260
Temp 25.5
SG 1.0257
Ph 8.2
Ca 470
Alk 8DKh
PO4 0(this is BS)
Mg 1260
-
BoomerJ
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 723
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:57 pm
- Posts Per Page: Capalaba, Queensland, Australia
Re: Boomer's 650 x 650 x 550 Cubic Adventure
Todays Measurements
Temp = 27.9
SG= 1.026
Ph=8.2
Ca=470
Alk=8dkh
Po4=0 bung kit still
Mg=1320
Temp = 27.9
SG= 1.026
Ph=8.2
Ca=470
Alk=8dkh
Po4=0 bung kit still
Mg=1320
-
BoomerJ
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 723
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:57 pm
- Posts Per Page: Capalaba, Queensland, Australia
Re: Boomer's 650 x 650 x 550 Cubic Adventure
Okay Its Been a while.
My Guppys LED has crapped out to only half the blues working and im using a desk lamp for the whites.
After getting rid of all the bad PO4 infested rock, I have got some new rock and PO4 now 0.25 according to API test. I know its no hanna but it what I have and at least there is a reading. its the lowest reading there is except zero for the test kit.
I am looking at an Arctic T247 as my next light. inly $165 and would be more than sufficient for my needs.
also I will be needing another wave maker. My Jebao 25 is working a treat making a wave but my koralia copy is now noisy and I have to prod it to re-start every day even though it never switches off.
Skimmer pulls skimmate but not a heap. I have to lower the unit but the 1 inch i can lower it makes it skim pretty wet.
Skimmate is not dark but a little smelly.
Gold lined cardinals 1 died the other was harassed by pseudo chromis and eventually passed. Scopas still rules the roost though.
If anyone wants a pseudo Chromis they are welcome to Squidgie.. I really dont want to use him as a flathead bait.
Readings:
Ph: 8.8, Ca: 240ppm, Alk 13dKh, Mg 1240ppm, PO4 0.25ppm , 28 Degrees c
GHA algae slowing, proper green algae coming in some tufts,
Replaced Seachem Phosguard today (it had been 2 months)...
Booms
My Guppys LED has crapped out to only half the blues working and im using a desk lamp for the whites.
After getting rid of all the bad PO4 infested rock, I have got some new rock and PO4 now 0.25 according to API test. I know its no hanna but it what I have and at least there is a reading. its the lowest reading there is except zero for the test kit.
I am looking at an Arctic T247 as my next light. inly $165 and would be more than sufficient for my needs.
also I will be needing another wave maker. My Jebao 25 is working a treat making a wave but my koralia copy is now noisy and I have to prod it to re-start every day even though it never switches off.
Skimmer pulls skimmate but not a heap. I have to lower the unit but the 1 inch i can lower it makes it skim pretty wet.
Skimmate is not dark but a little smelly.
Gold lined cardinals 1 died the other was harassed by pseudo chromis and eventually passed. Scopas still rules the roost though.
If anyone wants a pseudo Chromis they are welcome to Squidgie.. I really dont want to use him as a flathead bait.
Readings:
Ph: 8.8, Ca: 240ppm, Alk 13dKh, Mg 1240ppm, PO4 0.25ppm , 28 Degrees c
GHA algae slowing, proper green algae coming in some tufts,
Replaced Seachem Phosguard today (it had been 2 months)...
Booms
-
BoomerJ
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 723
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:57 pm
- Posts Per Page: Capalaba, Queensland, Australia
Re: Boomer's 650 x 650 x 550 Cubic Adventure
Okay Havent logged since December 2014.... shame.
Today : Ph: 8.2, No2 nitrite 0, Mg:1020 ppm, Ca: 250 ppm (not good), Alk, 12gKh (never seen it this high!) po4 unreadable on salifert and unreadable on api.
Tank however has been very settled the past year. last week, my home made sump began to leak so I scrapped it (see pic) and i'm just using a plastic basket now from Bunnings. I'm unsure whether I will go back to a sump.
After visiting Lefou this year in New Caledonia and diving on an actual coral reef (insanely beautiful), I have decided to make my tank int an SPS tank with some softies.
My plan is to go Standard biopelets (not AIO) and Carbon in a dual media reactor setup that PSI filters is putting together for me along the lines of the dual 10" BRS setup.
This will cause nitrates without a DSB. Carbon in reactor will filter pollutants and I will still throw in a baggie of Phosguard because it works.
Recently added a Jardenii (elegance) cos i like them and a couple of blasto frags.


Today : Ph: 8.2, No2 nitrite 0, Mg:1020 ppm, Ca: 250 ppm (not good), Alk, 12gKh (never seen it this high!) po4 unreadable on salifert and unreadable on api.
Tank however has been very settled the past year. last week, my home made sump began to leak so I scrapped it (see pic) and i'm just using a plastic basket now from Bunnings. I'm unsure whether I will go back to a sump.
After visiting Lefou this year in New Caledonia and diving on an actual coral reef (insanely beautiful), I have decided to make my tank int an SPS tank with some softies.
My plan is to go Standard biopelets (not AIO) and Carbon in a dual media reactor setup that PSI filters is putting together for me along the lines of the dual 10" BRS setup.
This will cause nitrates without a DSB. Carbon in reactor will filter pollutants and I will still throw in a baggie of Phosguard because it works.
Recently added a Jardenii (elegance) cos i like them and a couple of blasto frags.


-
BoomerJ
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 723
- Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:57 pm
- Posts Per Page: Capalaba, Queensland, Australia
Re: Boomer's 650 x 650 x 550 Cubic Adventure
Okay Measured today ALK 9Dkh and Calcium 350ppm. So Getting there with the params.
I am looking at either the Coral box Moon LED or the Ocean Revive T247B. I like the moons features but like the wattage of the 247B. Decisions Decisions. I am also looking at making a couple of reactord for Carbon and for Phosban. Toying with bio pellets but have started dosing 0.2ml Vodka per day. Water is chrystal.
Booms
I am looking at either the Coral box Moon LED or the Ocean Revive T247B. I like the moons features but like the wattage of the 247B. Decisions Decisions. I am also looking at making a couple of reactord for Carbon and for Phosban. Toying with bio pellets but have started dosing 0.2ml Vodka per day. Water is chrystal.
Booms