Photograph from high resolution to this forum

This forum is for the discussion relating to all aspects of diving, collect and photography of marine related subjects. You can discuss equipment, software, or just display your photographs for critique.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Photography Forum

Post Reply
mike160384
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:49 am
Posts Per Page: Busselton

Photograph from high resolution to this forum

Post by mike160384 »

Hi, I've been trying to figure out how people get their images which are taken in high resolution to a size that still looks good on the forum. Here is an example of what I mean and what I have done a few times to put pictures up:
High res photo upload
Image

This is the same pic re sized in paint app.
Image

Is this the method that other use? Thanks guys :-D
colg
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 640
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:12 am
Posts Per Page: Mackay

Re: Photograph from high resolution to this forum

Post by colg »

I use irfanview as a viewer on my PC, it resizes/resamples pretty well. I use lite room if I need to adjust colour settings for images shot in raw.
If you take pics with your iPhone, send them back to yourself in an email and select 'medium' size and they will suit forum sizing.
Col
swazzle
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 452
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:04 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: Photograph from high resolution to this forum

Post by swazzle »

If your using a phone just use the free app tapatalk easy as


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply

Return to “Diving, Collection and Photography Forum”