Atlantik Compact WiFi
Moderator: Moderators
-
MattnJayne
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 862
- Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:37 pm
- Posts Per Page: Success, WA
Re: Atlantik Compact WiFi
Absolutely love this light. Have seen some really good growth out of my sps that is in my tank. Haven't lost any colour either which is always a good thing.
I am on growth and colour but I mght just switch to colour for a while to see what happens.
I am on growth and colour but I mght just switch to colour for a while to see what happens.
-
Numbnuts
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 374
- Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:56 am
- Posts Per Page: Somerville, VIC
Re: Atlantik Compact WiFi
I switched mine back to acclimate mode after going up to growth and colour, I was getting way too much algae on the glass on the growth mode. Everything is doing really well on the acclimate mode. Great lights.
My Tank Journal - http://www.masa.asn.au/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=148&t=257952
-
Orphek australia
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:21 am
- Posts Per Page: Australia
- Contact:
Re: Atlantik Compact WiFi
How close to the water are your lights?
-
MattnJayne
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 862
- Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:37 pm
- Posts Per Page: Success, WA
Re: Atlantik Compact WiFi
Mine are somewhere between 30-35cm from water top.
Algae film on the glass is a given and with my tank being 8-9 week old algae on the sand is a given whilst it cycles as I had a mix of old live rock from my nano and fresh base rock.
Algae film on the glass is a given and with my tank being 8-9 week old algae on the sand is a given whilst it cycles as I had a mix of old live rock from my nano and fresh base rock.
-
Orphek australia
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:21 am
- Posts Per Page: Australia
- Contact:
Re: Atlantik Compact WiFi
MattnJayne wrote:Mine are somewhere between 30-35cm from water top.
Algae film on the glass is a given and with my tank being 8-9 week old algae on the sand is a given whilst it cycles as I had a mix of old live rock from my nano and fresh base rock.
Yeah agreed if its a new tank DEF.
-
MattnJayne
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 862
- Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:37 pm
- Posts Per Page: Success, WA
Re: Atlantik Compact WiFi
Anyone else tried measuring the par readings on the compact?
I have and I am a little lost for words.
Light was about 30cm above the water, coral was a further 18cm below, 100% all channels and read was only 160.
Doesn't seem right to me so I have emailed Justin to get his thoughts on it.
Dropped the light 4cm and got the par reading up to 225 on the same coral.
Either I have a faulty unit or they are not that strong which is a little disappointing.
I have and I am a little lost for words.
Light was about 30cm above the water, coral was a further 18cm below, 100% all channels and read was only 160.
Doesn't seem right to me so I have emailed Justin to get his thoughts on it.
Dropped the light 4cm and got the par reading up to 225 on the same coral.
Either I have a faulty unit or they are not that strong which is a little disappointing.
-
Orphek australia
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:21 am
- Posts Per Page: Australia
- Contact:
Re: Atlantik Compact WiFi
MattnJayne wrote:Anyone else tried measuring the par readings on the compact?
I have and I am a little lost for words.
Light was about 30cm above the water, coral was a further 18cm below, 100% all channels and read was only 160.
Doesn't seem right to me so I have emailed Justin to get his thoughts on it.
Dropped the light 4cm and got the par reading up to 225 on the same coral.
Either I have a faulty unit or they are not that strong which is a little disappointing.
Thanks for the emails Matt, I too was a bit lost for words with your figures. Glad it turned out to be the Par meter.
-
Numbnuts
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 374
- Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:56 am
- Posts Per Page: Somerville, VIC
Re: Atlantik Compact WiFi
Anyone want to share their current program setting?
I'm struggling with mine. Anything other than slow acclimate mode and I just get crazy hair algae growth. I switch back to acclimate for a while and get back on top of it but my corals really don't like it, I've just lost another one now, started receeding a week or two back and the rest don't open much.
A few weeks back on soft program and they'll come good, but so does the hair algae.
I'm running a turf scrubber and a good size cheato fuge, (which grows like crazy under a desk lamp and LED globe) which is really helping, but I'd like to get a good balanced lighting program dialed in.
I'm runngin two Compacts over a 4ft / 400 litre AquaReef AR400
Cheers.
Cheers.
I'm struggling with mine. Anything other than slow acclimate mode and I just get crazy hair algae growth. I switch back to acclimate for a while and get back on top of it but my corals really don't like it, I've just lost another one now, started receeding a week or two back and the rest don't open much.
A few weeks back on soft program and they'll come good, but so does the hair algae.
I'm running a turf scrubber and a good size cheato fuge, (which grows like crazy under a desk lamp and LED globe) which is really helping, but I'd like to get a good balanced lighting program dialed in.
I'm runngin two Compacts over a 4ft / 400 litre AquaReef AR400
Cheers.
Cheers.
My Tank Journal - http://www.masa.asn.au/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=148&t=257952
-
Orphek australia
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:21 am
- Posts Per Page: Australia
- Contact:
-
Numbnuts
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 374
- Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:56 am
- Posts Per Page: Somerville, VIC
Re: Atlantik Compact WiFi
Wow,that's a lot of work! I think I'll just turn the lights down...
My Tank Journal - http://www.masa.asn.au/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=148&t=257952