Seven by Five Reef

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Large Tanks with a Volume of 800 Litres and Above

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

Post Reply
Benhowardbath
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:43 am
Posts Per Page: Bangalow

Re: Seven by Five Reef

Post by Benhowardbath »

Hi Rob,
Great to meet you to Mate! So far so good with the Majestic! I took a couple of random shots today. Still getting my MAG up to where it should be, but tank is looking the best it ever has (with me anyway). Hope we can catch up again sometime! Thanks for the push with the Majestic it looks sensational!
Cheers Mate
Ben
[imageImage[/image]
[image]Image/image]
[image]Image/image]
robthepom
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1506
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:02 am
Posts Per Page: Gold Coast

Re: Seven by Five Reef

Post by robthepom »

You might hate me when it starts munching on those nice clams of yours
Rob The Pom Tank Journal - 3 footer

Rob The Pom Tank Journal - 5 footer

There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness
Benhowardbath
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:43 am
Posts Per Page: Bangalow

Re: Seven by Five Reef

Post by Benhowardbath »

[image]Image/image]
[image]Image/image]
Hi Guys,
I need a hand working out what is killing my Green Sinulara? All parms are good, nothing is out of the ordinary. I cut a branch off at the trunk to look for worms etc and could find anything! The only thing I can think of is, the (soft) coral is sitting directly under my outlet from the sump. I am currently dosing (into sump) NOPOX and was thinking this may have an effect on it. Sorry about the photo's, but all the black is like sludgy black skin from the coral.
Any help appreciated!!
Ben
P.S have moved from under outlet!
Benhowardbath
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:43 am
Posts Per Page: Bangalow

Re: Seven by Five Reef

Post by Benhowardbath »

[image]Image/image]
Hi Guys,
I have worked out why I lost my Sinulria (I think), I believe the NOPOX that I dose is burning the soft corals. I am going to with over to bio pellets. I have just bought this Bio Churn 170 external reactor that I am going to modify to a recirculating type.
[image][/imageImage
Tank in general is going great!
[image]Image/image]
My Purple tang still has some HLLD so I have added miracle mud to my sump.
Thanks for reading!
Ben
Post Reply

Return to “Reef Tanks Large (800 Litres and Above)”