Tapartum anenomes propagation setup ( minimaxi )

Discussion on breeding & propagating marine fish, corals & other species.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Propagation & Breeding

SeaCucumber
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:27 pm
Posts Per Page: Fremantle

Tapartum anenomes propagation setup ( minimaxi )

Post by SeaCucumber »

Hey guys been keeping marine for a while when I started I read about mini maxis and I thought one day I'd own one.
Anyway long story short Iv now collected 7 an have some reali nice ones so Iam going to propagate some and sell and buy new ones :)
So far Iam looking at a custom 100 ltr tank and sump setup get pricing this week. with a DIY led. rear overflow with a double return . Never propagated anything before so will be a learning experience any advice will be appreciated :) hope you guys enjoy
kindcorals
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:06 am
Posts Per Page: Gold Coast

Re: Tapartum anenomes propagation setup ( minimaxi )

Post by kindcorals »

Sounds cool! While I havent cut mine yet, they would be similar to cutting ricordea or morphs in that you want to cut the mini maxi down the middle to get a piece of its mouth in each half. Heres a nice article from Coral Magazine that gives a bit more detail on how to do it but it should be pretty easy if tank parameters are good.

http://www.coralmagazine-us.com/content ... a-anemones
Not sure why my html tags arent working but..
My Blue Zoos: gallery/image.php?album_id=666&image_id=2729
My Xenia, and Ricordia: gallery/image.php?album_id=666&image_id=2725
SeaCucumber
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:27 pm
Posts Per Page: Fremantle

Re: Tapartum anenomes propagation setup ( minimaxi )

Post by SeaCucumber »

I've cut 3 now looks good so far and I've had 2 natural splits :) ill have to get some pics up soon !!!
gnadymmij
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:59 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: Tapartum anenomes propagation setup ( minimaxi )

Post by gnadymmij »

You selling them mate? Was keen on getting one.
greeni
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2318
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:01 am
Posts Per Page: Farmborough Heights N.S.W

Re: Tapartum anenomes propagation setup ( minimaxi )

Post by greeni »

Good article Kindcorals,thanks for sharing. Some stunning colours amongst them.
:cheers:
MASS Committee Member
Greeni's 5x2.5x2
SeaCucumber
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:27 pm
Posts Per Page: Fremantle

Re: Tapartum anenomes propagation setup ( minimaxi )

Post by SeaCucumber »

Yea I will be selling a few here and their some I will be giving back to the collector to resell again and other to people on here and to lfs stores and I will not charge a arm and a leg I wouldn't advise them in a reef tank with fish as I've lost all my fish to the one in my nano reef.

I currently have
Green with blue base
Yellow
Blue
Camo
Purple
and the rest were average coulours for my first couple goes at propagating them . First batch have almost fully healed and didn't loose any so next batch I will show a picture slide of steps to do your own
Great anemones easy to care they don't need much feeding. Although they grow faster with feeding .. Thanks for following my thread.
I'll have to dig out my collection of info for people who are interested in them !
kindcorals
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:06 am
Posts Per Page: Gold Coast

Re: Tapartum anenomes propagation setup ( minimaxi )

Post by kindcorals »

Glad to hear the first couple cuts went well! I'd love to see photos and the information you have as I'd like to give one of mine a cut soon. It's weird, one I have is very very sticky and always eats small bits of food when I feed it, the other isn't really sticky and usually won't eat food I put on it.
Not sure why my html tags arent working but..
My Blue Zoos: gallery/image.php?album_id=666&image_id=2729
My Xenia, and Ricordia: gallery/image.php?album_id=666&image_id=2725
kindcorals
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:06 am
Posts Per Page: Gold Coast

Re: Tapartum anenomes propagation setup ( minimaxi )

Post by kindcorals »

Just an idea if you want to keep fish with these guys, get some anemone shrimp to defend them. They should keep the fish away if you get enough to cover the anemones
Not sure why my html tags arent working but..
My Blue Zoos: gallery/image.php?album_id=666&image_id=2729
My Xenia, and Ricordia: gallery/image.php?album_id=666&image_id=2725
SeaCucumber
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:27 pm
Posts Per Page: Fremantle

Re: Tapartum anenomes propagation setup ( minimaxi )

Post by SeaCucumber »

Hey guys been flat out at work and going up north this week.
I have. Had mine be sticky some days and not other aswell . I think that it's because if they aren't hungry they won't be sticky? Defiantly a fun nem Shrimp are no good as its ate mine although I could be wrong ? I might try get one again see what happens again .

Still struggling to bring my self to cut up my nice ones but will give it a go next week when Iam home. Need to get myself a camera iPhone pics suck
linnx
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 355
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:14 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: Tapartum anenomes propagation setup ( minimaxi )

Post by linnx »

tagging along :-)
want to get some nice one so i can have my own mini maxi garden
Pico Competition - Neptune's Garden: http://masa.asn.au/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=254550
3x1.5x2 Mixed Reef - BioPellets with Zeovit: http://www.masa.asn.au/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=148&t=248992
Post Reply

Return to “Propagation & Breeding”