Possible to breed any clowns in a 40cm cube?
Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Propagation & Breeding
-
kyle88
- Lurking Reefer
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:59 am
- Posts Per Page: Melbourne
Re: Possible to breed any clowns in a 40cm cube?
Awesome info everyone thanks! Would love to hear how you go with the breeding!
-
Emperor_tang
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 362
- Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:57 am
- Posts Per Page: Perth,wa
Re: Possible to breed any clowns in a 40cm cube?
Thanks Kyle!! Getting a pair of clowns this weekend
-
punklibrarian
- Curious Reefer
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:01 pm
- Posts Per Page: Tamworth, NSW
- Contact:
Re: Possible to breed any clowns in a 40cm cube?
Just thought I'd throw what I've gained from my time researching out there 
Go onto Google Scholar, it's teeming with journal articles on breeding (I've filled two lever arch folders with articles xD). Also as previously stated "Clownfishes: A Guide to Their Captive Care, Breeding & Natural History" by Joyce D. Wilkerson is a great book. It's written for ease of comprehension and doesn't drown you down in technical stuff, though you will pay through the tooth to get a copy (like I did, but I swear it's worth it
). There is also "Conditioning, Spawning and Rearing of Fish with Emphasis on Marine Clownfish" by Frank H. Hoff. It's kind of technical though, so not a great book if you don't love a good technical manual xD It's also quite pricey, but I got my copy from a place in the UK on eBay (they still have eight copies left. This: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161010085413 is the link to it).
I've also read that "The Complete Illustrated Breeder's Guide to Marine Aquarium Fishes" by Matthew L. Wittenrich is a good one to have, and that "Plankton Culture Manual - Sixth Edition" by Frank H. Hoff is a perfect companion to his "Conditioning , Spawning and Rearing..." book (I plan on getting both soon). And forums. There is a tonne of info and support out there.
Hope some of that is helpful
Go onto Google Scholar, it's teeming with journal articles on breeding (I've filled two lever arch folders with articles xD). Also as previously stated "Clownfishes: A Guide to Their Captive Care, Breeding & Natural History" by Joyce D. Wilkerson is a great book. It's written for ease of comprehension and doesn't drown you down in technical stuff, though you will pay through the tooth to get a copy (like I did, but I swear it's worth it
I've also read that "The Complete Illustrated Breeder's Guide to Marine Aquarium Fishes" by Matthew L. Wittenrich is a good one to have, and that "Plankton Culture Manual - Sixth Edition" by Frank H. Hoff is a perfect companion to his "Conditioning , Spawning and Rearing..." book (I plan on getting both soon). And forums. There is a tonne of info and support out there.
Hope some of that is helpful
-
Emperor_tang
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 362
- Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:57 am
- Posts Per Page: Perth,wa
Re: Possible to breed any clowns in a 40cm cube?
Thanks punk! Very helpful