Not seeing whole photo....!!??

Post here any ideas, feedback or queries you have in regard to MASA (including Reefing the Australian Way). This forum is not for reef aquaria related questions.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
Pwdlover
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:05 pm
Posts Per Page: Townsville

Not seeing whole photo....!!??

Post by Pwdlover »

Hi there. I fully accept that this problem could be entirely "operator induced"..... but when I'm reading posts and looking at the accompanying photos or drawings (like sump designs) the whole of the drawing or photo doesn't seem to appear. It's like the right hand side of the photo/drawing is missing. Is there something in my settings somewhere that's a bit skew-iff or...... some other reason I'm not seeing all the reefing goodness there is to see??????????? :-s :-s :-s

Hope someone can shed some light..............................................


Cheers

~ Jenny
Jim
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1409
Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 11:56 pm
Posts Per Page: Sutherland Shire, NSW.

Re: Not seeing whole photo....!!??

Post by Jim »

I have this problem with images hosted in the MASA gallery, I can only see a tiny strip of the top of the image. Has been like this for a long time. I tried a few things to clear it up but gave up.
I can see the thumbnails fine in gallerys, just not full sized images.
I was going to take a screen shot and post it but now all im getting is this:

"the image (etc, etc (file name/location)) could not be displayed because it contains errors"
chromus
I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
Posts: 19409
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
Contact:

Re: Not seeing whole photo....!!??

Post by chromus »

Jenny, what browser are you using?
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?

My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
ssscuz
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 3037
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:20 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Re: Not seeing whole photo....!!??

Post by ssscuz »

Im having the same issue while viewing the forum on iphone
WarbyD
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2611
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:13 am
Posts Per Page: Mount Lawley, WA

Re: Not seeing whole photo....!!??

Post by WarbyD »

I don't know about the iPhone, but on android it's a browser setting called "format pages to fit screen" which resizes/crops the images
My OceanFree Nano Marine 96L (the new addiction!)

My AquaReef 400 (My old tank - long since shut down!)

RTAW Business Guidelines | RTAW Reefpedia | Join your local MASx!!

Check out (and "Like!") the MASWA FaceBook Page!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but they are not entitled to their own facts, Daniel Patrick Moynihan (March 16, 1927 – March 26, 2003). A four-term U.S. Senator, ambassador, administration official, and academic
Pwdlover
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:05 pm
Posts Per Page: Townsville

Re: Not seeing whole photo....!!??

Post by Pwdlover »

chromus wrote:Jenny, what browser are you using?


Hi Chromus. I'm using FIrefox 16.0.2

~ Jenny
chromus
I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
Posts: 19409
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
Contact:

Re: Not seeing whole photo....!!??

Post by chromus »

Goto the options and see what your zoom factor is, set it to 100 and see if that fixes things.

(Options is usually top right of screen next to the end ofthe URL bar)
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?

My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
Haydn24
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:19 am
Posts Per Page: Kuala Lumpur

Re: Not seeing whole photo....!!??

Post by Haydn24 »

Exactly same thing on iPhone :(
Pwdlover
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:05 pm
Posts Per Page: Townsville

Re: Not seeing whole photo....!!??

Post by Pwdlover »

chromus wrote:Goto the options and see what your zoom factor is, set it to 100 and see if that fixes things.

(Options is usually top right of screen next to the end ofthe URL bar)



Found the zoom in View_Zoom_Reset and....................... that fixed it Chromus!!! :clap: :clap:

Thanks very much. :bow:

~ Jenny
Post Reply

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions, Comments and Suggestions”